"I cannot rate the staff or the facilities highly enough"

About: The Lanarkshire Beatson

I was referred to Lanarkshire Beatson for an intensive course of radiotherapy treatment, which I have just completed.

The first morning I arrived, I was a bit apprehensive. However I was greeted warmly at reception, made familiar with the surroundings and then shown through to the treatment waiting area.

The whole place has a relaxing feel to it and there is a lovely garden to relax in during good weather.

The radiotherapy staff, nurse specialists and general nursing staff are all pleasant, caring, very professional and extremely well organised in everything they do.

Nothing is too much trouble and they constantly monitor each patient for any possible side effects or other concerns.

A comprehensive range of Complementary Therapies is also offered and can be booked free of charge at reception.

Altogether I cannot rate the staff or  the facilities highly enough.

Thanks to everyone for their care throughout my 'journey'.

Response from Nicole McInally, Patient Experience and Public Involvement Manager, Patient Experience and Public Involvement Team, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde

Dear Sylvinthepark

Thanks for getting in touch.

It is lovely to read your comments about the staff and the facilities at the Lanarkshire Beatson. It is amazing the difference that the staff can make at this difficult and emotional time.

I hope you managed to make use of the complimentary therapies.

Take Care