Care Opinion is run by a small, passionate and highly experienced team.
Want to work with us - see our latest vacancies
James Munro - Chief Executive
James has been chief executive of Care Opinion since 2014. His background is clinical medicine, public health and health services research, and he has spent most of his time over the past 10 years overseeing the development of Care Opinion’s online feedback platform. As CEO James focuses on sharing Care Opinion’s mission with people in health and social care, and with health professionals in training, emphasizing the importance of generosity, curiosity and reciprocity in our work.
- Interesting fact: James once tried to explain how Care Opinion worked to the Queen.
Miriam Rivas-Aguilar – Chief Operating Officer
Miriam was the very first employee in 2005, and has been chief operating officer of Care Opinion since 2012. She has over 25 years’ experience in business development, operations, managing teams, project management, and service delivery working in both the private and public sector. As COO, Miriam oversees the various functions across the organisation, manages the team and loves to chat with staff about the benefits of subscribing to Care Opinion. Some of Miriam’s interests are mentoring, Emotional Intelligence and ensuring that Care Opinion offers a happy work environment for the team.
- Interesting fact: Miriam was born in Chile and loves to travel, and enjoyed a sabbatical travelling through South and Central America.
Tim Hunt- Head of Safeguarding & Partnerships
Originally a social worker, Tim has an extensive background working in and managing services across health and social care. This includes working as a PALS manager, medical social worker, voluntary sector manager and manager of support services for a local authority. In all his posts, he has been passionate about public involvement and feedback; and has certainly found a place to follow that passion at Care Opinion. He leads on all the mental health and social care work at Care Opinion, believing that the website platform offers the public a unique opportunity to feedback all their experiences of care, in one place.
- Interesting fact: Tim listens to a piece of Bach and reads one poem every day.
Fraser Gilmore - Executive Director & Head of Care Opinion Scotland
Fraser joined the team in April 2020 to lead on the work in Scotland. Fraser has worked across the voluntary and statutory sectors in management and senior management roles for over 15 years, working with homeless people, disabled people, older people and members of the Armed Forces community all over Scotland. Fraser’s is passionate about enabling people voices to affect positive change, so you can imagine how excited he was about joining the Care Opinion team.
- Interesting fact: Fraser loves to travel and his favourite parts of the world to visit are south and south east Asia
Sarah Ashurst - Associate Director, Subscriber Support Services
Sarah brings energy and enthusiasm to her role at Care Opinion. She leads the support team who are the first point of contact for many of the NHS organisations we work with, helping them embed Care Opinion within their services. Sarah is also one of several senior moderators in the team and is responsible for keeping our moderation policy up to date, fair, and in keeping with current legal guidelines.
- Interesting fact: Between rock climbing and knitting, Sarah is teaching herself how to make her own clothes.
Tracy Molloy- Subscriber Support Manager
Tracy joined the team in January 2019 and managers the Subscriber support team in Sheffield helping Care Opinion subscribers get the the most out of their subscriptions. Always happy to support and help staff & organisations with any queries they may have about the functionality of the site. Tracy previously worked within the voluntary sector and has experience of working within substance mis-use and mental health advocacy support.
- Interesting fact: A proud owner of a loving English Bull Terrier & once recorded a song in a recording studio.
Ross Padwick – Associate Director, Finance
Ross joined in November 2010. He previously worked as an accountant in practice undertaking auditing and reporting on financial performance to both large companies and SME's. He then worked as a Financial Controller and Company Secretary for a group of start-ups before joining Care Opinion.
In his day to day role at Care Opinion, Ross deals with all finance related matters, procurement and tenders.
- Interesting fact: He loves cats!
Victoria Hobson - Team Administrator
Victoria provides much-needed support (organisation should be her middle name) as well as a keeping the team full of tasty snacks). Among other things, she provides daily assistance to the team, and people who call to share their story with us over the phone.
- Interesting fact: Vickie is terrified of heights but has completed both a parachute jump and tried parascending for charity!
Louise Scott-Carr - Operational Support Officer
Louise joined the team in July 2019 and supports the team with a whole range of tasks. Louise has previously worked in roles supporting people with learning difficulties and offering support to their carers too.
- Interesting fact: Louise is an avid netballer & her dream pet would be a pygmy goat!
Danielle McEwan - Engagement and Support Officer
One of the newest members of the Care Opinion team, Danielle joined in November 2019 alongside Dayle. As one of our Engagement and Support Officers based in the Scotland office. Danielle provides assistance and support to staff and organisations who use Care Opinion to help them get the most out of their membership. Originally a trained nurse, Danielle has spend the last 6 years working within the Health and Social Care sector and is committed to helping others to share their experiences through Care Opinion.
- Interesting fact: As well as being a trained nurse, Danielle is also qualified in a number of complimentary and massage therapies, including crystal healing. She likes to make candles and wax melts in her spare time and also has some floristry skills!
Dayle Goldie -Engagement and Support Officer
Dayle joined the Care Opinion team in Scotland in November 2019. Her role is to provide assistance and support to staff and organisations who use Care Opinion, helping them to get the most out of their membership. Prior to joining the team, Dayle trained as a mental health nurse and is also studying for her honors degree in Business.
- Interesting fact: Dayle is obsessed with giraffes, she would love to have one of her own, but would settle with fulfilling her dream of having breakfast with them at the giraffe manor.
Ali Patrick - Senior Moderation Officer
Ali joined the team in April 2019 as a remote moderator, working from home (and occasionally making a guest appearance in the Scotland office) to ensure that Care Opinion stories are published quickly, safely and in line with our values. He progressed to the role of Senior Moderation Officer in 2022.
- Interesting fact: At home, Ali works alongside a very enthusiastic Goldador pup, who doesn't work for Care Opinion yet (but is hopeful!).
Lisa Dendy - Engagement & Support Officer
Lisa joined the team in April 2021, as a Engagement & Support Officer in the Stirling Office. Over the last 10 years she has worked in care and support for adults with learning disabilities and the elderly, as well as community engagement, health and well-being and business development. With a passion for physical and mental health awareness, as well as progressive, inclusive social change, Lisa is over the moon to have joined the Care Opinion team!
- Interesting fact: Lisa spent a year living and teaching English in Thailand and she was born with 2 ribs missing!
Luke Blakeley - Senior Software Developer
Luke originally joined the team in July 2017, left for a year in 2019 and rejoined in September 2020. He has worked on a variety of industries and systems, such as order prediction software for bakers, Airport security software and large internal distributed systems. Luke helps design, build and maintain the Care Opinion site with James.
- Interesting fact: Luke is an engineering enthusiast, interested by anything mechanical, especially cars and engines. Like others in the Care Opinion team, Luke loves dogs, having had many rescue dogs in the family.
Damon Audsley - Software Developer
Chris Ireland - Moderator
Chris joined the team in September 2021, having previously worked in Adult Social Care in London and South Yorkshire for many years. Most-recently he worked as a Social Work team manager in Sheffield. Chris is part of the team which receives and moderates the many stories received by Care Opinion each day to ensure individual’s voices are heard by the right people as quickly and loudly as possible.