"I am very grateful to have had such..."

About: Nottingham NHS Treatment Centre(Nations Healthcare)

I had surgery as a day case and I was highly impressed with the professionalism, efficiency, kindness and care that I was shown, from the consultant and team and the staff in the day surgery unit. Communication to me and between staff was excellent - everyone seemed to have a real sense of commitment to the work they were doing. My initial appointment/treament with the consultant and team before my surgery six weeks ago was also excellent, and even though I will perhaps need more treatment I feel that I can completely trust the staff that I meet. I will be writing a proper letter to say thank you and to express how impressed I was!

What could be improved

The admin staff who admit people on to the ward were somewhat sloppy in their approach. Whilst waiting I noted that they often ignored people waiting to ask a question whilst they looked at their screens. A polite ' I will be with you in a moment' would have helped. They did this to me also. The person who collected me had told them that she had arrived - they did not pass on the message and she waited fifteen minutes before ringing me on my mobile!

Anything else?