"I was left freezing cold"

About: United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

I had bad chest pain and was feeling very sick and ill. I went to A&E via ambulance. I had my blood test to determine whether it was another heart attack and X-ray rather quickly and then I was left freezing cold and very sick in the main waiting room for hours. I couldn’t bear being so uncomfortable any longer with no communication so I left and went home. Over an hour later they (the hospital) called me and asked where I was I said home. I was told ill now be seen as an outpatient. Suits me fine.

Response from Jennie Negus, Head of Patient Experience, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust last week
Jennie Negus
Head of Patient Experience,
United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
Submitted on 13/09/2021 at 15:22

Dear Jos1919

We want you to know that we are very grateful for your feedback; unfortunately our services are under significant pressure at the moment with many staff redeployed from their usual roles to help out and this is likely to mean a delay in our response. We apologise for this but want to assure you we will come back to you. Thank you again.

Jennie

Jennie Negus
Head of Patient Experience,
United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
Submitted on 14/09/2021 at 08:26

Dear Jos1919

I am so sorry for what happened and can appreciate you being upset; would you be able to contact pals@ULH.nhs.uk and give us some more details, particularly which hospital you attended? We can then look further into what happened. Once again, please accept our sincere apologies.

Thanks