"Support from Single Point of Access Service"

About: St Lukes Hospice

(as a staff member posting for a carer/relative),

It was great to have the support of the Single Point of Access (SPA) service in caring for my Mum.   It was really helpful that one of the carers could speak Gujarati as it made it easier for my Mum to communicate with the carers and ask them questions.   All the staff treated her with dignity and respect.

Response from Komal Patel, Hospice Home Manager, Single point of Access and Hospice at home, St Lukes Hospice 2 weeks ago
Komal Patel
Hospice Home Manager, Single point of Access and Hospice at home,
St Lukes Hospice

Hospice home manager

Submitted on 13/05/2020 at 15:33

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for taking time to send us the feedback. In our team we have few people who can speaks the Gujarati language and it was good to know that it was comforting for your mum. I am sure this has put her at ease to communicate with carers. Our team always mindful of cultural beliefs and what language they speaks and where possible trying to facilitate.

I am glad that Single Point of Access service was able to care your mum with dignity and respect and comfort her with same speaking language.