"Recent emergency admission"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Cardiology Lincoln County Hospital / Medical emergency assessment unit (MEAU) Tasburgh Lodge Surgery

Visited GP with Pains in my chest who prompty medicated me with Asprin and Nitroglycerin spray as suspected a heart attack. At the same time arranged for an ambulance to take me to Lincoln County Hospital to be assessed further. Also while waiting did an ECG to take with me. The ambulance arrived promptly and took me to the hospital.

Once there I was assessed very quickly and admitted for further observations overnight.

Throughout I found the staff were excellent in my dealings with them. They were courteous and respectful even when busy. I felt looked after and cared for. I found the ward I was admitted to MEAU A and Subsequently MEAU B were immaculate.

I was assessed further by the Cardiology team and appropriately treated and efficiently discharged. The food and refreshments were very welcome from A & E and both wards I was admitted to.

Despite both the worldwide and Lincoln County Hospitals preparations for the Coronavirus pressures which they coped with admirably, I would recommend this hospital to any of my friends and relatives.

Response from Elaine Turrell, Interim Lead Sister, ED, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust last week
Elaine Turrell
Interim Lead Sister, ED,
United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
Submitted on 26/03/2020 at 12:58

Our sincere thanks for your positive comments in relation to Lincoln A&E. Our staff strive to provide the best care possible, at times in difficult circumstances.

We currently find ourselves in unusual circumstances and positivity from our patients helps lift staff morale.

We wish you all the very best and please stay safe

• DJOHNV thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by DJOHNV (the patient)

It is most welcoming to not only have our respone opinon acknowledged efficiently in the current crisis but to know the positive effect our response has had on all of the staff involved in our care.

Good luck and warmest wishes for the future to you all.

DJohnV