"Green room"

About: Musgrove Park Hospital / Paediatrics

Please redecorate and fix skylight! The green colour is awful!

Thanks

Response from Gita Modgil, Consultant Paediatrician & Clinical Service Lead for Paediatrics, Paediatrics, Taunton & Somerset NHS Foundation Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear Amesoames,

Thank you for taking the time again to feedback to our team. I am grateful that you have raised your concern about the colour of the walls and the lack of natural light for Cubicle 6 on Acorn as an issue to us. Interestingly this was similarly raised by another family 4 weeks ago - do have a look at the feedback and response to this provided by our team - the story is entitled "I believe the room is not suitable for patients". I have also had a conversation with a family about the lack of natural light in Cubicle 6 just last week when I was on the unit. We are very aware that this room needs some rapid upgrading.

Our Matron has already received reassurance from our Estates team that they are planning to review and make changes to the skylight and we are also hoping that the room can have a refresh of paint in a more suitable colour. We would welcome your thoughts on this if you would like to contact us directly via my secretary on 01823 342691.

We are planning to feedback the changes via this site, once they have happened, both to you and to our family who posted their feedback earlier regarding the same concern. It is only by hearing your experience that we can support and instigate change and we are really grateful that you took the time to do this. I shall ensure that your feedback is shared with our Estates team also this week.