"I will not try contacting the crisis team again."

About: Adult Mental Health Services - Community (County) / County Crisis Team

I feel very let down.

After years of being refused to be seen I was given an appointment by a consultant. They gave me a long appointment, but after giving me some new diagnoses refused to offer any help or even change my medication which doesn’t work. So the appointment was a waste of time.

I’m told I can ring the crisis team. I spoke to two people who were helpful and supportive. The third time however the person who answered was rude and hostile and belittling. I felt so humiliated I hung up.

My response then was to self harm, which is what I was ringing up for help with. I feel very let down, especially as this is the only help I have been told I can access. I will not try contacting the crisis team again.

People working in the team should surely be sensitive and sympathetic and not make people feel they are wasting their time. I was refused help and being unable to cope with being made to feel like that hurt myself as a result. Thank you for nothing.

Response from Alison Harrison, Service Manager CRHT, Local Services, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust 11 months ago
Alison Harrison
Service Manager CRHT, Local Services,
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
Submitted on 27/08/2019 at 11:03

Dear Boatie,

Thank you for your post, I am saddened to hear that you felt a member of staff was rude, hostile and belittling at a time when you needed kindness and support. The team value feedback as it helps improve the service that we offer.

I hope you feel able to contact me directly so I can hear your complaint more fully and address the matter more directly.

Many Thanks