"Thank goodness for this marvellous department"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Ear, Nose & Throat Crosshouse Hospital / Speech and Language Therapy

I attended the voice clinic at Crosshouse Hospital because of problems with my voice after oral chemotherapy.

My initiation is just starting and as an ex-nurse I was very impressed by the consultant at the voice clinic

My voice has deteriorated after the start of my treatment and having been seen at the SG hospitals neuro dept I was impressed by Crosshouse.I worked in the health service for 37 years and I am so pleased that I'm having the chance to love something to correct my vocal problems!

Thank goodness for the NHS and for this marvellous department at Crosshouse Hospital

An Ex-nurse, RGN, OME

Dear ophiuchusex73,

I have been asked to post this on behalf of Louise Steel, Speech and Language Therapy Service Manager (East)

"Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Care Opinion. I am delighted that you felt supported by the voice clinic. Our voices are such a central part of who we are and we can never underestimate the impact that changes to our voice can have, so it's great to hear you've benefitted from the support provided.

Kind regards

Louise

Dear ophiuchusex73,

Mr Townsley, the consultant for this area, was absolutely delighted with your lovely feedback. He has also shared it with the wider team, including the 'back-room' team. I think he may print it out and put it on his wall.

Best wishes,