"Staff who really care about their patients -..."

About: Lincoln County Hospital

My Aunt was admitted to A&E on Christmas Eve and was treated with dignity and respect during her stay. I especially want to mention the staff on Navenby Ward they were kind and compassionate to my Aunt and the family visiting. Sadly my Aunt died on 3/1 but everything possible was done to make her comfortable and ensure that she was not in pain.

The staff were not just doing their job - they really cared about the patients and family and listened when we expressed our concerns or wishes.

I cannot praise the care highly enough.

What could be improved

Nothing - everything was dealt with efficiently and with great care

nhs.uk logo

Response from Jennie Negus, Head of Patient Experience, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust 9 years ago
Jennie Negus
Head of Patient Experience,
United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
Submitted on 28/05/2012 at 15:23

Thank you so much for telling us about your Aunts care; and especially for doing so at such a difficult time; please accept my sincere condolences. Helping patients and families to a calm and peaceful death is an extremely important part of healthcare and I am glad that staff were so compassionate and supportive to you all. I have passed your comments onto the staff. Thank you once again.