"being ignored"

About: Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust

(as the patient),

been telling my psychiatrist, Dr "V" for over a year that I cant sleep properly, get uncomfortably "high" and have serious thought disturbances/hallucinations and hear voices etc. He has literally done nothing about any of it.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Shahid Islam, Service User & Carer Involvement Project Manager, Bradford District Care Trust

Thank you for your comments.

I think it maybe helpful if I offer a telephone number for the Independent Advocacy Service which is 01274 770118. This is a service for mental health service users to speak to someone who will seek to understand your needs and requirements and then, if necessary, accompany you to an appointment to support you. This includes ensuring you are able to ask questions and have these answered.

Alternatively, you can speak to our Patient Advice & Liaison Team on 01274 408600 with whom you will be able to discuss your concerns and queries. Members of this team will be able to support you with finding solutions.

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful

Updates, changes and questions related to this story