"Still no joy from Diabetic Team "

About: Vale of Leven General Hospital

(as the patient),

I find it very bad that I still have not heard from the diabetic team either at the Vale of Leven Hospital in relation to trying to get my insulin sorted.

I telephoned my own GP Practice but was told to contact the Diabetic team, but even leaving messages I am still not getting any Joy that.

I will now have to try and figure out if I should up my insulin even though I have a numerical problem, I am so frustrated at this whats the point in having Diabetic specialist nurses if they cannot return your calls

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Diabetes Uk Scotland

Dear Waterloo

We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you are currently experiencing. The Diabetes UK Scotland Careline service provides information and support about diabetes to people living with the condition. If you would like to get in touch you can contact the Careline service on: 0845 120 2960 Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm or if you prefer you can call the Diabetes UK Scotland office on: 0141 245 6380 and reception will transfer you through. Hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes, from the Diabetes UK Scotland Team.

  • waterloo thinks this response is helpful
    {{helpful-1}} other {{helpful-1 == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} so too

Response from Patient Advice and Support Service


We have read your story and thought you'd like to know that, if you want, we can help you get in touch with the health service to take this forward. The Patient Advice and Support Service is an independent service which provides free, accessible and confidential information, advice and support to patients, their carers and families about NHS healthcare. We can:

• provide you with information, advice and support if you want to give feedback or comments, or raise concerns or complaints, about healthcare provided by NHS Scotland

• write letters and help you with filling in forms

• help you prepare for meetings with health staff

• help you to see your medical records

• help you understand your rights and responsibilities as a patient

You contact the service via any citizens advice bureau in Scotland. Visit www.patientadvicescotland.org.uk/ or use the phone book to find your local CAB.

  • waterloo thinks this response is helpful
    {{helpful-1}} other {{helpful-1 == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} so too

Updates, changes and questions related to this story