"Being discharged as my consultant left the..."

About: North Manchester General Hospital

Anything else?

I have been under a pain specialist since at least 2009 and have had several injections for my arthritis in my knees and my hips,but apparently they haven't helped me so he has decided to discharge me.I now have to be referred back to the Pain clinic which can take a long time and start again.I cant understand how the specialist can say the injections didn't help when in fact they have made my life bearable.I was sent to him because of my fibromyalgia but has also been diagnosed by him with hyper mobility.I guess I will have to put a complaint to PALS and take it further.I saw him in February and he left in marts and the only reason I found out was by contacting rhumatology as I hadn't had results from an


Story from NHS Choices

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from North Manchester General Hospital

We are sorry to read your comments regarding your visit to the Rheumatology department at North Manchester General Hospital.

If you would like us to investigate your concerns, please contact PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) on 0161 604 5897.

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful

Updates, changes and questions related to this story