"I want to change my Dr due to irreconcilable..."

About: Royal Free Hospital

Anything else?

After nearly seven years with my Dr I wish to change, as I do not feel that the health benefits are there anymore. My appointment today for example lasted around 6 mins, and in that time my Dr had no idea of my recent illness, and was uncontactable during this period of time. I did leave two messages, but got no reply. She simply said I should have emailed and that her answer machine was not working! She rushed through my prescription for Cyclosporine that the date, and my age had to be written by myself. This was not the most alarming incident as she had prescribed me 6 weeks instead of 6 months. I had to go back up thee, wait for her patient to leave, and ask for her to re-write an appropriate prescription. The lack of due care and attention stems from years of lacking.

I demand a change to a male Dr.

Sam White

Story from NHS Choices

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Royal Free Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're sorry that you were unhappy with the care that you received. We have asked our patient advice and liaison service to get in touch with you to discuss this further. You can also find their contact details here: http://tinyurl.com/87ln6pa

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful

Updates, changes and questions related to this story