"Day case minor operation. Day Ward"

About: Pilgrim Hospital

Anything else?

I was very satified with the treatment from all the staff, who were kind and very helpful. The day was only spoiled when I was ready to go home and the farmacy hah closed at 5pm, which seems silly as my operation did not finish untill aftr 5pm. I was ready to go home at about 7.30pm but had to wait a further hour and a half for a doctor to write a prescription for pain relief and antibiotics from an outside farmacy. We did not get home until 10.15pm, a very long day. Please sort this out so other patients don't have this very anoying delay.

Dear Mr. Lucas; from your story I can certainly appreciate your frustration and especially when all you wanted was to be able to go home after your procedure.

I have passed your story onto the team at Pilgrim and will update you when I can.

Response from Pilgrim Hospital

wanted was to be able to go home after your procedure.

I have passed your story onto the team at Pilgrim and they agree this should not have happened and we should have supplied these emdications in time for you. Thank you for taking the time to feedback; your experience is really valuable to us.