"Mental Health support (Hospital and Community Based)"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Accident & Emergency Crosshouse Hospital / General Psychiatry

(as the patient),

Previously on one occasion told by a staff nurse in Crosshouse A&E to and I quote "get a grip" after being taken there by the Police for suicidal tendencies.

More recent, again taken to Crosshouse A&E by the Police again for suicidal tendencies, saw the Psych Liaison Team and was discharged as they said I couldn't be helped as it is a physical pain problem and they could do more for me. The same goes with the CMHT and Crisis teams and now I feel there's no one who can help me or that I can turn to for help.

I'm not keen on my local GP but do find the Community Ward staff helpful. The painkillers I'm on either don't work or make me vomit.

In and out so many times last year with various conditions as well.

It feels to me that animals are not allowed to suffer, but yet us humans do.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Martha McCrea, Team Leader, Patient and Community Relations Department, NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Dear renownedpolaris,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. I am sorry to read of the situation you have described. I will pass your comments onto the A&E Department and the Mental Health Team and ask them to consider the issues you have raised and will they will also be able to advise on the appropriate support available to you.

Support and assistance is also available from the Patient Advice and Support Service (PASS) who can be contacted via your local Citizens Advice Bureau office, or alternately by telephone on 0800 3282519. Alternatively you can contact Voice Advocacy Services on 01292 264396 who will be able to provide support to you.

If I can be of any further assistance I can be contacted direct on 01292 513609.

kind regards

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful