"Lack of care in ED"

About: King's Mill Hospital

Anything else?

My terminally father in law left on a trolley for approximately five hours before I contacted the department via telephone and reminded someone he was there.

Complete lack of care

Complained to pals however they refused to acknowledge me because my terminally ill father in law hadn't written and his wife who is busy looking after him hadn't write in! Doesn't seem to matter what other members of the family think

Story from NHS Choices

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from King's Mill Hospital

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that you felt the PALS team had not helped, there may have been some confusion with regards to this as they do not require information in writing but may have advised that if you or your family wanted to make a formal complaint then the usual way to do that is to write in to the Trust (or email the Complaints department), they may also have advised that consent from your father-in-law or his next of kin may be required.

If you would like to discuss this further please would you be kind enough to contact Joanne Young who is the Customer Services Coordinator on 01623 672222. Joanne is aware of your feedback on this site and would be more than happy to speak to you.

If you would prefer to register a formal complaint you have a number of options, you can write in to the Chief Executive, email the Complaints team via the the link on the Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust website or call the team directly on 01623 622515 ext 3034.

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful