"One disaster after another."
About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital Margate CT9 4AN
Posted by Anonymous
What I liked
A few nurses and doctors have showed concern with a sympathetic approach.
What could be improved
I have been with my daughter for 7 days via A and CDU and now Deal Ward.
1.lack of basic polite welcome- Im whoever and Im a nurse- would be a start.
2.being left with a daughter in agony 3 times in the waiting area of A and E.
3. being told that notes etc had been referred and then be shouted out by a Dr who says youre in the wrong place- despite being told the day before that it was the place to go.
4.being placed in to a ward and wait for 6 days for a diagnosis.
5. being left with nocontact from medical team for 24 hrs because my daughter was 'lost'.
6. being a ward with demented women with serious medical conditions- my daughter is breast feeding a 16 week old baby.
7. being told that the pain after 3 days was ' post natal depression' -she has an infected gall bladder blocked with stones and liver problmes as a result.
8. being a ward closed today with norvo virus- no baby allowed
9. we had to beg a space outside of the ward so my daughter could feed her baby- this is no longer an option.
I worked for 17 yrs in the NHS and I have despaired this week- nurses playing with phones and texting in A and E- not one person said who they were. I witnessed one old lady who begged for a bed pan wet herself- as my daughter waited for a transfer another old lady asked and asked -wet hereslf. Wheres the dignity ? Where the basic empathy skills? This was not a particulary busy evening- one nurse even said that to me.
On the ward there have been 3 staff for 28 patients- how can this be right?
i will writing to the local MP as Im so angry, disillusioned and frankly appalled.