"I would rather stay at home, than going to..."
About: Basildon University Hospital Basildon University Hospital Basildon SS16 5NL
Posted by V***4
What I liked
Paramedics and some Doctors
What could be improved
Nurses - (Manual handling, Empathy and attitude)
* Paramedics were excellent
* Nurses did not log-roll a patient suspected of spinal injury. They asked me to slowly move myself to the other trolly.
* As I was fighting for my rights with a doctor and a nurse, The nurse walked away, asking the doctor to sort it out himself. ( I thought Nurse's were patient's advocate)
* A HCA, who never steered a trolley, took me unsupervised, to the X-ray, hitting the wall all the way, until, my husband helped her steer.
* I am a staff nurse myself, and knowing things made it difficult, to see the way they treat you ( I was in my uniform, as I had an incident while coming back from work)
* Also, all the nurses were busy resuscitating computers, not patients.
* A urine specimen bottle left, on the computer in the assessment room. with patient data.