"Coeliac disease- cuts effect prescription allowances"
About: Adult community services / Nutrition and dietetics Adult community services Nutrition and dietetics Rotherham S60 2UD
Posted by Nearby531 (as ),
- The telephone ordering system works well. However, some delays can occur to repeat prescription (possibly CPO delay not NHS)
- The idea of seeing an advisor for review at GP Surgery is an excellent idea, how many people are aware of this service. There are no parking problems and relieves RTH parking pressures.
- Dietary and Nutrition staged an open awareness day (coeliac) during the last 12 months, this proved very successful and was well organised and attended (repeat requested subject to funding)
- Due to cut backs in funding certain products are unavailable and points reduced. No written warning was given or explanation. I was just told when re-ordering.
- As suggested by (Coeliac UK) I wrote for explanation and received a polite explanation in reasonable time, however, a comment made by an advisor at the front of the advisory team advising cuts, said that certain Coeliac products were only pennies more expensive than normal products. She could try coming and doing my shopping for me!
- I hope no further cut backs in the pipe line