"Life saving treatment in a reasonable environment..."
About: Southmead Hospital Southmead Hospital Bristol BS10 5NB
Posted via NHS Choices
What I liked
Having just left negative feedback about Men's Urology I thought it was only fair to give praise for Cardiology services.
1. I was admitted some years ago following a heart attack and had an angioplasty operation. One doctor was excellent and so was his junior doctor. They cared, were proficient and knowledgeable - not always the case at Southmead.
2. The majority of nurses on the ward were friendly and helpful, a couple with a sarcastic edge but generally very good (well compared to Urology anyway!)
3. Excellent training nurses from UWE on this ward. Mega helpful and keen.
4. Clean bed and clean ward - a rare thing.
5. Good food.
What could be improved
1. The washing facilities were very very basic but cleaned regularly (unlike Urology's blood and feces strewn facilities).
2. A long wait for tests especially over the weekend - treadmill test took days to organise.
3. Some mis-communication between staff and confusion.
Would recommend Southmead over the BRI for cardiology, but not for urology!