About: Royal Blackburn Hospital Royal Blackburn Hospital Blackburn BB2 3HH
Posted by C***********k
What I liked
I am the daugher in law of a patient who is on Ward C18, being treated for heavy PR bleeds. He has been on the ward for over a week, other than a few members of the ward staff who have been lovely, the majority of the people working on the ward should be reminding themselves why they wanted to go into the caring profession. What we have witnessed and the experiences we have had have been absolutely disgusting.
The treatment we received on the Surgical Triage Unit was like being in a different hospital, and this is what we would expect on all wards.
What could be improved
- Overall healthcare
-staff wanting to fill the jug of Klean-Prep with just water as they were not aware that Klean-Prep was being taken (fortunately I was there to intervene).
- Personal care not completed without raising the issue with your staff.
- Failing to keep patient notes confidential (leaving files open and files opened on PC screens).
- Stock answers provided by your staff.
- Inadequate cleaning.
- Your staff complaining how busy they are, yet at the same time they were stood around chatting about their personal lives.
- Inappropriate comments made by a member staff to other staff members in front of myself and my partner.
- Your organisational inefficiencies.
A formal complaint has been made with more detail about the above to Mr Brearley, the Chief Executive.