"treatment after finger injury"

About: Frimley Park Hospital / General surgery Musgrove Park Hospital

(as the patient),

I injured my ring finger on my left hand.

I was walking my dog with a friend across a field with donkeys and alpacas, and my dog jumped forward, the lead did something to my finger (can't explain it properly). Well, it was very painful, part of finger was not straight any more and was bleeding from just above the nail.

X-rays were taken and they said nothing broken, nothing dislocated, just take ibuprofen tablets every 4-6 hours and go to your own hospital's a&e department the following monday. The blood was not cleaned away.

My hospital x-rayed finger again and found a sub-dislocation and there and then, injected a numbing agent into finger and gave me gas'n'air and straightened my finger.

Why oh why couldn't they do that at Musgrove Park hospital, on the friday? Instead leaving me in pain for three extra days?

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Martine Price, Head of Patient Experience, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your feedback, this has been shared with the lead doctor in the A&E department. We would welcome the opportunity to talk to you directly about your care, if you would like to please contact our PALs team on 01823 343536.

Thank you

Martine Price

Head of Patient Experience

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful