"From a very grateful family"

About: Accident & Emergency / Children's A&E Crosshouse Hospital / Paediatrics

(as a relative),

Wonderful care and attention  given to my granddaughter from the A& E standby team in resus  through to the brilliant care team in ward 1B thank you all so much for looking after her.   Thanks from a very grateful  family.

Response from Attica Wheeler, Head of Midwifery (Associate Nurse Director Women and Childrens Services), Ayrshire Maternity Unit, NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Dear JGL

what lovely feedback you have given us. I am delighted your granddaughter had a good experience and I hope she is making a full recovery.

I will share your post with the team involve and thank you for taking the time to share it with us

best wishes

Attica

• JGL thinks this response is helpful

Response from Claire Gilroy, Specialty Doctor, Emergency Department, University Hospital Crosshouse, NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Dear JGL,

I'm sorry to hear your granddaughter was so poorly she required treatment by our standby team. That must have been very frightening for your whole family. I hope she is doing well now.

It is always lovely to receive positive feedback and as a department we hope to learn from this and ensure we are able to replicate positive experiences every time. If you would like this feedback to go to the individual staff members who took care of your granddaughter then please email me her name and date of birth to Claire.gilroy@nhs.net and I will ensure they receive it.

Claire