"Sort the Staff out who will help us"

About: Rampton Hospital / Mental Health Service

Blake Ward. Relating to being caring on the ward we need a treadmill for cardio vascular exercise, we have been asking for months. Named Nurses could be better some having been changed and I don’t see the same Dr All the time which makes it challenging.

To keep things safe we need more Staff, we need more things to do more communication with Ward Nurses, More fresh Air breaks and sort the Staff out who will help us

Response from Adele Fox, Head of Clinical Operations, Rampton Hospital, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Hi Thank you for your feedback

I beleive you now have a treadmill on your ward to support your health and wellbeing.

I have taken note from other posting that the appears to be a challenge with named nurse sessions so I will take this forward in the care Stream.

As a hosital we recognise that staffing is an issue and we have a very Robust recruitment Staetgy which is proving to be working well. We still have work to do as we learn from the feedback from staff and patients experience. We are really please patients are involved in our recruitment process and believe this is welcomed by those involved.

regards

Adele Fox

Response from Peter Wright, Executive Director, Forensic Services, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for this posting. As Adele says, we take recruitment very seriously and benefit from patients helping us in the process. Although recruitment of qualified nurses is a a challenge everywhere in the country, it's interesting that today in Rampton Hopsital there are fewer patients but more staff than ever before.

Best wishes.