"The group helped me"

About: Community forensic services / Nottinghamshire MBT Service

I recently finished the MBTi group at the mandala centre.

I found the facilitators helpful. The group helped me by talking through my problems with people who had similar experiences to me. It helped me find helpful tips to manage/control situations.

I think it would be helpful to have air con in the room and maybe longer sessions too.

Response from Jacky Chapman, General Manager Nottingham Low Secure & Community Forensic Directorate, Low Secure and Community Forensic Directorate, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

It is great to hear that you have found the MBTi group so useful and that you gained alot from your peers which is great feedback.

Thanks for letting us know that the room would benefit from air conditioning, unfortunatly we dont currently have air conditioning within the manadal centre but I acknowledge that this would helpful when the temperatures are so hot. We will look at what alternatives might be available to try and reduce the temperature in the group rooms.

Response from Peter Wright, Executive Director, Forensic Services, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for this helpful feedback. It's great to know that you came away with some practical tips to manage situations differently. MBT groupwork does provide a great opportunity to get other people's ideas about how they handle situations.

Thanks for the point on the need for air conditioning. As Jacky says, we'll look into this. Jacky and I are meeting soon and we'll talk about this point.

Best wishes.