"Diagnosed with a blood clot"

About: Galloway Community Hospital / Accident & Emergency

The night before I started to feel the symptoms of a suspected blood clot in my right calf..pain swelling ..heat. Next morning I drove myself to Stranraer A & E dept..To my relief and eternal thanks I was dealt with speedily and expertly with the nurses and doctor on duty and after a scan confirmed I had a clot behind my knee in my calf, a DVT ...I was given an injection and had an appointment made for me to see my gp the next day... I was very impressed by the staff and my care that day.

Response from Annette Finnigan, Senior Patient Experience & Safety Officer, Acute and Diagnostic Services Directorate, NHS Dumfries and Galloway

Dear papading,

I am sorry to hear that you have been poorly, but I am pleased that you were well looked after by the doctors and nurses at the Galloway Community Hospital.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us and I know that the team will be delighted to hear your kind words.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Best wishes, Annette