"stay on ward"

About: St John's Hospital / Mental health

After a short stay, I found the staff I came into contact with were uncaring.  I found 1 consultant did not listen to what others have to say outwith the team, and felt they would rather listen to their own voice rather than that of myself, and turned their back to me while I'm talking to another staff member on reception.  I felt the other patients where more helpful than the staff I came into contact with.

Response from Jeannette Morrison, Head of Patient Experience, NHS Lothian

Dear bustbee

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us via Care Opinion. I am really sorry to read of your experiences and how you felt the staff did not listen to you and you felt they were uncaring. Please accept my apologies for your experiences.

I would be happy to look into this for you and if you would like us to do this I would be grateful if you can please contact the Patient Experience Team on:

Email: feedback@nhslothian.scot.nhs.uk

Tel: 0131 536 3370

I have shared your feedback with the staff who I am sure will disappointed to read of your experiences.

Kind regards