"Competent and compassionate care"

About: Forth Valley Royal Hospital / Acute assessment unit

I was admitted to the AAU at Larbert hospital about midnight one Tuesday in July with a case of rapid cellulitis following an insect bite.

The care I received in the assessment unit, the ward and the subsequent ward (31A) was excellent.

Although extremely busy, I observed the staff to be professional, efficient and compassionate. The care they took of the other patients - some challenging, some vulnerable was a credit to the medical profession. This applied to not only the medical staff, but also the care staff, housekeeping and other support staff.

Whist the system was quite obviously under some strain I observed only dedicated individuals striving to do the best they could.

Thank you.

Response from Daniel Beckett, Consultant Physician, AAU/ CAU, Forth Valley Royal Hospital

Dear Mighty Midge

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Whilst AAU can be a very busy environment, we do all strive to provide the best possible care for each of our patients and I'm delighted that this was evident during your time in the unit.

I do hope that you are now on the mend back at home, and thanks again for your time. It is much appreciated.