"My stay in CDU"

About: Princess Royal University Hospital / General medicine

I came home from a short weekend break having contracted gastroenteritis, and had to stay on in the hotel until I felt fit to travel - came back by taxi as I couldn't face the train.   As I was still being sick I was sent to the PRUH were I had excellent and kind treatment and care in the CDU.  I had my blood pressure and temperature taken frequently and was put on a drip overnight and another the next day.   So I give my thanks to the staff there.

Though I have decided that a hospital is no place to be in for a rest, with bright lights and chat.  But a small price to pay!  For breakfast I chose cornflakes which came swimming in milk and with a spoon smaller than a teaspoon - really. I was having short pause when the less than half-finished dish and my also unfinished cup of tea were whisked away from me.

Response from Princess Royal University Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your care in CDU at the PRUH.

Good to hear that you were well treated by the staff.

However, I will pass your comments about food onto the catering team and Head of Nursing for ED.