"Life changing"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Speech and Language Therapy Lauriston Building

I was diagnosed with spasmodic dysphoria eleven years ago which was life changing as no one could understand a word I said, so as a home help and a very sociable person was devastating.

However I was eventualy offered a chance to have botox in the Laurieston Hospital in Edinburgh which was life changing

I have since changed to Crosshouse Hospital and I can honestly say that Mt Townslea has been the best so far with the most consistent results. I can not thank the NHS and the botox clinic staff enough as without it I would have a very different quality of life. :-) x

Response from Jeannette Morrison, Head of Patient Experience, NHS Lothian

Dear waterjn63

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences with us.

I can't imagine how you must have felt to have this condition so I was really pleased to read the positive impact on your life the Botox injections have made to you.

I have shared your feedback with colleagues in the Lauriestion Building who l am sure will be delighted to read your feedback.

I am pleased that your move to Crosshouse Hospital has gone well and has continued to have such a positive effect on your quality of life.

With best wishes