"My son's ankle injury"

About: Royal Aberdeen Children's Hospital / Accident & Emergency (Emergency Care)

(as a parent/guardian),

After trying (& failing) to jump from a bin to a fence, my son inured his ankle. Sitting with frozen peas on it, keeping it elevated and taking painkillers wasn't stemming the pain he was in so, usually being quite a stoic wee boy, after 2 hrs at home, we decide to head up to children's A&E. The check-in lady was really nice, letting us know it was busy and there'd be a wait.

It turns out it was just bruised but we want to say thank you to everyone for looking after us while we were there; the reception check in (sorry I didn't get your name!) Lauren the HCSW, Naomi the nurse & Gareth the Dr, even though you were all super busy it really relaxed my anxious son. Thank you!

Response from Caroline Clark, Chief Nurse, Children's Division, NHS Grampian

Thank you Tigersocks for your great feedback. It means a lot to us that you took the time to let the staff know how well they did their jobs. I hope your son's ankle is getting better and that he gives the bin to fence jumping a miss for a while!

The staff in A&E are a really great team and I will of course let them know of your comments.

• Tigersocks thinks this response is helpful