"My son"

About: Royal Cornwall Hospital (Treliske) / Emergency Department South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

(as a parent/guardian),

My son was taken seriously ill in June 2019 and was brought in by ambulance and taken straight to resus. It was these staff who saved his life. He was  then transferred to the critical care ward until Wednesday. Every single one of the staff who helped my son, myself and his grandad were fantastic. They saved his life and he is doing well. Perhaps you would be able to thank the staff. Also the ambulance crew were fantastic.

I’m so lucky I have him

Response from Jane Michell, Matron, Emergency Care, Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear 'Thankful100',

My name is Jane and I am the Clinical Matron for Emergency Care. I would like to thank you for your very kind post. It must have been a very worrying and frightening experience for you and your son when he was so very ill, I am glad that we were able to make a difference and support you all during this time

The staff in Resus are a very dedicated and skilled team who continually work under pressure not knowing what is going to come through the door at any one time. Despite this, they remain calm and deal with everything in a professional manner so that patients are given the best chance of survival.

I am very proud of my team and I will certainly feed back your thanks to them.

I hope your son is well on the way to recovery

Kind Regards

Jane

Update posted by Thankful100 (a parent/guardian)

I will always appreciate all the help given to us all and how professional they are. The support given to us was immense. I was lucky my son was ok.