"Bariatric Tier 3 & 4"

About: Musgrove Park Hospital / Endocrinology

I was referred to Tier 3 weight management services as I was struggling with my weight for many years with the help of Dr King & Alice dietician   I began a plan of healthy eating and started to lose weight ,but I then had other health issues diagnose while doing this .My weight stopped and I struggled to lose any more .I was referred to Tier 4 where I was assessed for a Gastric sleeve by Mr Noble and the team ,I was placed on the waiting list as urgent which I received a date for surgery within 8 weeks ,as my other health issues can’t be addressed until I have lost more weight.

I want to say a big thank you to everybody who supported me through this .I have just had surgery,please can you thank Barrington Ward and the theatre staff they were very professional and gave excellent care .

Please can you thank Dr king ,Alice dietitian.Helen and Zoe Bariatric  nurses and a big thank you to Mr Noble.

Response from Charmaine Griffiths, Volunteer and Patient Involvement Lead, Patient Experience, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you so much for taking the time to to share your thoughts and gratitude to so many of our staff following your recent admission. I have forwarded your message to all the team involved in your care, and I'm sure they will be delighted to read your message of thanks too. I am so glad to read that you felt so supported during this time.

Wishing you a continued speedy recovery.

With kind regards,

Charmaine

• Wendylou thinks this response is helpful