"You made my little girl smile"

About: Accident & Emergency / Children's A&E Crosshouse Hospital / Paediatrics

(as a parent/guardian),

My daughter fell off her electric scooter and fractured 2 bones in her wrist. The level of care from Crosshouse Hospital A and E and Paediatric ward was outstanding. Angels in disguise. Within the paediatric ward, my daughter was treated with so much empathy and care, she was comfortable at all times. Not only did they take amazing care of her but the support they offered myself and my husband was exceptional within ward 1A. I just wanted to say a special thanks to all the doctors and nurses who took care of my little girl.

Everything was run to an exceptional standard. You made my little girl smile after such a horrible experience. As a mother I am eternally grateful for your care.

The nurses of ward 1A Crosshouse hospital and those involved with my daughters care..thank you. You do an amazing job! Its one thing to be excellent and the clinical side but the level of empathy shown this weekend has truly been outstanding.

Response from Attica Wheeler, Head of Midwifery (Associate Nurse Director Women and Childrens Services), Ayrshire Maternity Unit, NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Dear PCOS1in10

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I will ensure the staff on 1a get to see your lovely comments. I was delighted to hear your little girl made a good recovery and that we were able to bring a little positivity to you both during a difficult and frightening time

Please wish her well from us

Kind wishes