"Good care"

About: Aberdeen Royal Infirmary / Emergency Medicine Aberdeen Royal Infirmary / Medical High Dependancy Unit

(as a relative),

I would like to thank the drs and nurses when my dad was admitted to a& e we were well looked after then dad was put up to hdu ward 106b  staff nurse looking after dad on night shift was fantastic keeping us upto date with what was happening also the duty dr made my dad at ease. the following day the day nurse and dr clarkin were very helpfull explaining what was happening to dad. they were there with us till the end thank you all very much

Response from Julie Wattie, Nurse Manager, Medicine 1 (Medicine and Unscheduled Care Division), NHS Grampian

Dear Dgfabz,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience within the Emergency Department with us at this difficult time. To hear that the staff made a difference to your Dad and your family will mean a lot to them. I will ensure this feedback is shared with the team.

With thanks

Julie

Response from Helen Paddon, Nurse Manager, Surgical Division - Surgery 5, NHS Grampian

Dear Dgfabz, thank you very much for taking the time to tell us your story about your fathers care.

It is lovely to hear the positive feedback you experienced both in the Emergency Department and within Medical High Dependency and that you were kept informed at every stage.

I am sure that Dr Clarkin and all the staff will be delighted to hear your kind comments and I will ensure that these are passed on to the Medical and Nursing teams in A & E and in HDU.

Best wishes, Helen Paddon