"attendance at minor injuries"

About: Stirling Care Village / Minor injuries unit

I took my young son to minor injuries as he had fallen on his pinkie finger at school, couldn't move, it, was bruising and dry swollen and I wanted to check it wasn't broken. We arrived at 6. 10pm at reception one day in April, were ignored by the receptionist by 5 minutes whilst they discussed changing their password for trakcare with a colleague on the phone.

They then said that that minor injuries were very busy. ( There was one person in the waiting area) and admitted they didnt look busy, but that the rooms were all full with very seriously ill patients, and that we should instead go to A+E, as they close at 9pm and they want to get away on time.

Well I find it unacceptable, that minor injuries are being sent to A+E, whilst serious injuries are being treated at minor injuries dept. Its very wrong, and to be honest, I have my doubts about this story as well as doubts about the staffing or leadership and management. Very Poor indeed.

Response from Glynis Fotheringham, Senior Charge Nurse , Emergency Department FVRH and MIU in SCH, ForthValley

Dear paugi,

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience, this is not the service we aim to provide within MIU. I will ensure your feedback is passed on to all staff, we aim to use feedback to improve.

Many thanks for taking the time to post about your experience and I hope your son is now on the mend.

• paugi thinks this response is helpful