"Now I have all the tools needed to cope"

About: Bromley Healthcare / Talk together Bromley (IAPT)

I have always suffered from OCD and anxiety but never got the right help and tried to deal with it myself.   Since having my son it got really bad. I was haunted with worries that my son had been swapped at birth and it took over my life.

With help initially of the midwives I referred myself to Bromley mental health Talk Together Bromley. It was very easy and I had a few assessment phone calls and within a couple of weeks was able to start a 12 week course with a CBT therapist. This was very helpful and I would have struggled to pay for it privately. I was treated one to one for 1 hour a week and had a great therapist who really helped me to understand my OCD and how to tackle it. I was very lucky as I was on a priority list as my son was under I year old. I then referred again after 4 or 5 months and was given another CBT course for 12 weeks.

Now I have all the tools needed to cope and continue to improve and finally enjoy my Son and family life.

Response from Julie Miller, Patient Experience Lead, Bromley Healthcare

Dear Dibley

Thank you for your wonderful feedback which I am sure will encourage other people in a similar position to seek help.

I will of course ensure that the Service Lead Sarah and her team see your comments and your story will definitely make a great start to their week thank you.

We wish you all of the very best with your young son.

Kind regards