"Carers Event day March at ramton Hospital"
About: Rampton Hospital Rampton Hospital Retford DN22 0PD
Posted by Lormi7 (as ),
Rampton Hospital has four Carer Event Meetings every year, each one with a theme or topic that is defined by the Carers Planning Group and from feedback recieved by carers.
At a recent Carers Event day here at Rampton Hospital, Molly Sanghera (Senior Associate & a member of the Law Society’s specialist Mental Health Review Tribunal panel) talked to a group of 40 carers about Mental Health Tribunals - what they are, how patients can access them, who is involved in the process and about their legal framework.
Below is the feedback recieved on the day by the carers:
• My wife and I were looking forward to this meeting due to the fact that our daughter was transferred here three months ago. We were truly not disappointed. We felt welcomed and the set up and presentation were superb. We just can’t wait for the next carer’s event. Questions were asked and answers were straight to the point and very clear.
• 1. A very productive event – Talk on Tribunals is a break-through for most carers as it has been a great mystery and source of mixed information. More of such relevant talks please.
2. Could we have an event focussed on the assessment of the stock in the shop after the research group has completed their research please? Many thanks.
• Excellent presentation covering current update and then MHT’s. The level of detail was spot on, covering detainment and Tribunal process. As usual, catering was great. Pleased to see that presentations worked better this time around.
• Our son is on X ward. It was really good to meet the Matron and see a ward staff member who we have spoken too. Her comments were encouraging and helpful. Lorna, as always, was here with a friendly smile. I did feel Deborah was able to explain food situation well. Cauliflower Broccoli Cheese lovely and naughty pudding lovely. Thanks also to Lynne Corcoran.
• A lovely welcome & thank you from all members of the Family Support Team. A nice relaxed start to the carers group. Good informative updates from Louise, Adele and Lynne about the hospital, services and provisions. Thank you for that.
A valuable & informative presentation from Molly S that we help most carers today. Thank you.
A delicious lunch enjoyed by all, that you to the chef and his team. Also good to see a menu on the table. Thank you to you all for the preparation, planning and putting on this Carers’ Day. Thank you.
• Made to feel welcome. All staff very helpfully and accommodating to us. Learned a lot about tribunals. Now have more understanding.
• Molly Sanghera’s presentation was very informative. It would be nice if she could revisit when the Government have made the changes to MHA. Lunch as always – excellent – compliments to the chefs.
• The hospital update was useful. Enjoyed the Mental Health Tribunal talk. Would be useful to have a few more examples, e.g. a patient’s journey and their Tribunals. Also what the Ministry of Justice component – where appropriate – is looking for and why they might have a different conclusion.
Excellent lunch as per usual.
• A very informative, easy to understand presentation on Mental Health Tribunals and The Mental Health Act. Pace of the day was good. Lunch excellent and a good choice. Good to meet other carers and staff.
• Great presentation and information. Food was fantastic. Lovely atmosphere as usual. Lots of new people. Regards Anabela.
• A very nice, informative and productive day. The only negative is that all questions should be left until the end. It seems to be the same 1 or 2 people with a barrage of questions, which can get irritating at times!
• Very welcome, as always, clear and informative displays with relevant information to take away. Excellent lunch. Information re: changes within Rampton is good and necessary.
Presentation re: Tribunals I found too detailed – but I’ve not been involved in the process – and may be better summarised under generic headings.
• As always a really well organised and well placed event. It has been a great help to get a better understanding of the Tribunal process and in particular the meanings of the various restrictions.
Many thanks to the speaker Molly and all of the hospital staff involved. Thank you.
• The carers’ event was very helpful to me and my family. We found it very informative for us. Food was lovely. Thank you.
• We arrived late, unexpectedly, and were nonetheless made to feel welcome. The subject matter was (necessarily) dry but well-presented and done so as effectively as it could’ve been. Food; fantastic and innovative as ever. Really important session thanks as we’ve ultimately always been excluded from the Tribunals. Particularly appreciate the opportunity to speak to staff in an informal setting.