"Great Breast Care Centre Staff"

About: Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust

I'd like to thank all the staff I encountered during my visit this morning. First visits are anxious occasions, but everyone looking after me plainly recognised that. All introduced themselves by name and explained clearly what I should do, and what they would do (and which bits of that might not feel very nice).

(I guess you may edit this bit out) I'm not good at remembering names, but I was particularly impressed by the HCA, whom I saw at the start and at the end of my two hours in the department. Not only was she great with me, I saw her taking special care over an older patient with additional needs, and obviously briefed the next member of staff about that patient.

In the nicest possible way I hope I won't meet any of them again except for normal screening, but I will definitely feel far less nervous if I do have to return for more tests or treatment.

Response from Alison Wootton, Director of Patient Care, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your really lovely feedback. I am really pleased that the team helped you feel more comfortable while undergoing your tests.

The feedback will be shared with the team and I know it will mean a lot to them. It is a really busy department but like you, everyone visiting is anxious and the staff care is really valued by those visiting.