"My Ingrown toenail"

About: Whytemans Brae Hospital

I attended Podiatry at Whytemans Brae in NHS Fife.  I had self referred as I had an ingrown toenail and I got a telephone call offering me an appointment fairly quickly.

I attended and was treated by Carolyn who took time to initially listen to my issues.  She treated my ingrown toenail effectively as well as sorting pain in another toe, which turned out to be a corn.  The relief from pain was almost immediate and it was amazing to feel such a difference within seconds.

Just when I thought my treatment was finished, Carolyn continued and demonstrated the best way to cut my nails and highlighted what to look out for and what to avoid.  She also assessed the wear pattern in my trainers and subsequently checked the mobility and flexibility in both my ankle and big toe joints.  It turns out that I pronate my feet and because I slip my shoes on and off and they're not tight, my toes curl under when I walk causing ridges.

Anyway, I can honestly say that my experience  was nothing short of fantastic.  I went hoping to get some pain relief, but I almost bounced out not only pain free but feeling like I just had a full foot MOT.  Carolyn's level of knowledge and professionalism was amazing and exceeded all my expectations, right down to receiving direct contact details if I needed any questions answered.

I cannot praise her highly enough and she is a definite asset to NHS Fife

Response from Donna Hughes, Patient Relations Manager, Patient Relations, NHS Fife

Response on behalf of Cheryl Smith, Podiatry Professional Head of Service

Dear CraigsTOE

I was delighted that Carolynn was able to offer exactly the right support to you. Through having good conversations, and listening to what matters to our patients, we hope to make every contact a good experience. Your story is an excellent example of what we are trying to achieve and I am grateful that you offered this very positive feedback.

Regards

Cheryl

• CraigsTOE thinks this response is helpful