"Friendly, cheerful and thoroughly professional staff."

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Gastroenterology

I recently had an appointment for a colonoscopy at the above department, following earlier treatment for internal bleeding in the oesophagus and stomach.  I was feeling a little anxious about what may be found as I am over 70 years old and have a reasonable grasp on possible internal problems which could lead to bleeding of this sort. Fortunately, the results proved that my worry was unfounded, and, except for the removal of a small polyp, nothing else untoward was found.

The main reason for my writing this comment is to do with the excellent treatment I received as an out-patient.  The staff were friendly, cheerful and thoroughly professional in all aspects.  The timekeeping was extremely good - I had to wait for about 10 minutes because I arrived early, but was attended to almost immediately at the time of my appointment.  The procedure was far less uncomfortable than I had been led to believe it would be! I would like to send my sincere thanks and good wishes to all the staff who were involved.  I feel the care I received could not have been better.

Response from Sharon Kidd, Patient Experience and Engagement Manager, Patient Experience, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Pixcel8

Many thanks for your comments following your visit to Endoscopy at Lincoln.

It is good to know that your experience was so good, I know that visiting Endoscopy is a very daunting experience and to hear that staff treated you in a way that helped with this is very valuable.

I will make sure that staff are aware of the feedback you have given.

Best wishes