"I feel much better educated"

About: Musgrove Park Hospital / Accident and emergency

(as a staff member),

I visited A& E on Friday  morning after a struggling for a week with a chest infection and my asthma at crisis point. The receptionist was very sympathetic and kind. I was quickly seen and I had blood tests, scans and was seen by a doctor who reassured me and went through my results. We agreed a comprehensive plan of treatment with the reassurance I should return or be admitted if things changed. Staff explained what would happen next so I wasn't left wondering when having to wait. I was so relieved not to be admitted, but also reassured that I would be if the next few hours didn't go to plan. I feel much better educated about my condition as the doctor took time to explain the treatment options. Thank you to everyone.

Response from Hayley Hughes, Associate Director of Patient Centred Care, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this lovely feedback. I am so pleased to hear that you were treated with sympathy and given reassurance - it must have been a very distressing experience.

It is good to know that you have a comprehensive treatment plan which will help to prevent a further crisis with your asthma.

I will make sure that the team in the Emergency Department receive your feedback.

I hope that you are continuing to recover well.

Best wishes

Hayley

Response from Karen Tyler, Lead Nurse, Emergency Department, Taunton & Somerset NHS Foundation Trust

I would also like to say a big thank you to you for writing in to us. I am so pleased you had a good experience and that we did right by you under what was probably quite a frightening time for you. I hope you are on the road to recovery. I will share your thanks with the team.

Many thanks