"Loss of Medical Records"

About: Devon PCT

(as the patient),

Between 1989 and 2007 I moved several times. In the process I have failed to get my records to follow me and I do not recall where I was registered.

Now my history from birth to age over 50 is missing.

How can those records be retrieved? Does someone have them as unattributed records? Will they have been destroyed?

More about:
Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Susan Pearce, Project Support Manager, DART (Devon Access & Referral Team), NHS Devon

Dear ‘alanr888’,

Thank you for getting in contact. I presume that it is your GP who has made you aware of your missing records in which case I would think that they have already contacted the Medical Records team and asked them to investigate where your records have ended up. If not then your GP surgery, or you if you prefer, need to contact the medical records team (officially known as the PPSA – Primary Care Support Services) on 01392 356116. They will need to take some details from you and then they can start to try and track where your records were seen last and see if they can recover some or all of them.

I hope that your search ends well and if you need any further information, please feel free to post again.

Best wishes,

Susan Pearce

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful