"Excellent compassionate care"

About: Barnsley Hospital

My husband was admitted to Ward 21 just after Christmas and over the following 14 days of his treatment I was immensely impressed with the standard of care. Staff were cheerful, compassionate, obliging and skilled, which reassured me that he was in safe hands. The two consultants and their doctors were generous with their time and in explaining the ongoing situation. I felt fully involved and consulted. As my husband's life drew to a close, there was such gentleness towards me and him, and despite the ward being constantly busy, nothing was too much trouble for the staff. A desperately sad situation was made as good as it could be thanks to these remarkable people. We are so lucky to have such excellent care freely available in our local hospital. Sincere thanks to all involved.

Response from Barnsley Hospital

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about Barnsley Hospital. We will pass on these lovely comments to the relevant staff.

Kind regards