"Faultless care"

About: Holme Valley Memorial Hospital / Day surgery

I had minor surgery to remove a cancerous skin blemish at the Memorial Hospital. I've had a few procedures like this at different hospitals and all of them have been positive experiences. However, this last visit to the hospital was exceptional. The atmosphere at the hospital is instantly calming, it does not have a hospital feel to it. The staff are friendly and helpful, Dr White was very clear about what would happen is possibly at the top of the tree in his field. He was very thorough in explaining what he would do and made sure I was comfortable with the information, I had plenty of opportunity to ask questions.

The nurses also were very calming, reassuring, the nurse taking me in to the surgery area chatted to calm my nerves and this helped. The procedure itself was virtually painless, the background music and nurses talking about their holidays and just every things was excellent for taking my mind off what was happening.

Response from Emma Boyes, Engagement and Inclusion Manager, Living Well Business Unit, Locala

Hello

I am so sorry that this story has only just been responded too. I try my best to respond with in the week.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us

Emma