"Midwife care after baby"

About: Ninewells Hospital / Maternity care Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / Accident & Emergency Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / Maternity care (Princess Royal Maternity Unit)

I was transferred through to Glasgow following a csection in Dundee my baby needed a complex surgery due to Spina bifida so she is in neonatal and doing fantastic with fantastic nurses looking after her! But I was discharged from ward 50 and told a midwife would come see me no one turned up! Then I ended up in a n e and the maternity assessment and they said it would be day care who deal with me! But yet again I’m left waiting! My partner has had to checked my bandage and I had to take it off myself! I feel totally neglected and being so far from home it’s disgusting how I’ve been treated!

Response from Pamela McGoldrick, Senior Organisational Development Advisor, Women & Children's Services, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde

Dear Mummyto5

Thank you for posting on Care Opinion.

Congratulations on the birth of your baby. I am sorry to hear that your baby has had to undergo surgery but pleased to hear they are being well looked after in the Neonatal Unit. I appreciate what a difficult time this must be for you and your family.

I am concerned to hear that you have issues with your own care following the birth of your baby and have experienced difficulty in accessing appropriate support for this. We would like to look at this in more detail with you and ensure your needs are being met. If you are happy to do so please contact me at Pamela.mcgoldrick@ggc.scot.nhs.uk

Best wishes

Pam

Response from Justine Craig, Head of Midwifery, NHS Tayside

Dear Mummyto5

Congratulations on the birth of your baby and it is great that she is doing so well.

I am really sorry to read that you have not had the midwifery care that you need following your discharge from ward 50. From your post I am assuming you are still in Glasgow, but if you have returned home and require midwifery visits and care, please get in touch.

With very best wishes to you and your family

Justine