"Blood results"

About: Glovers Lane Surgery

I am very upset that my daughter has to wait 6 days for a telephone consultation regarding blood test results. She had bloods taken on Wednesday & received a phone call later that day ( a worry in itself) staying the doctor needed to speak to her and would ring her the following Tuesday. The stress and anxiety this has caused her is so unfair. She is in the middle of exams at Uni & could do without the worry. She rang today to ask was there an earlier appointment because she is woriried and was told no Tuesday is the next one. Whilst I appreciate that it must not be of an urgent nature it is a worry to get a phone call the same day she had the bloods taken so the lab must have contacted the GP regarding them? I have tried to reassure her that perhsps the tests just need repeating but she is worrying herself sick having to wait.... not very helpful to her at all

Response from Glovers Lane Surgery

I'm sorry you feel your daughter has been worried unnecessarily.

Please be assured that if the Doctor needed to speak to a patient urgently about test results they would have arranged a telephone consultation with them that day.

As this comment is anonymous I have no further details but if your daughter would like to contact the surgery and ask to speak to the Practice Manager I'd be happy to investigate further.

Kind regards