"Vascular surgery - day case"

About: West Cornwall Hospital (Penzance)

I developed vascular eczema from my dickie veins and was told that having them zapped was the thing to do.   The consultation explained - for the first time - how the eczema came about and what the procedure would do. The consultation was in Truro, which is 40 miles away, so I was really pleased that the procedure was to be done at Penzance. I had to wait a bit but when the process started it was fast and efficient without losing the personal aspect. The atmosphere was sufficiently light-hearted to make me feel relaxed and the chat with one nurse while the work was carried out really helped to take my mind off having holes punched in me. Also every aspect of the procedure was explained in straightforward terms. The surgeon is probably a watchmaker in his spare time and the nurses could not have been more professional or lovelier - the one I was talking with actually looked like she was listening as I wittered on, poor maide. I can thoroughly recommend getting something just so you can be looked after by this crew.

Response from Paul Sylvester, Hospital Manager, West Cornwall Hospital, Royal Cornwall Hospitals Trust

Dear LegMan,

As the Hospital Manager I value hearing from our service users about their experiences at West Cornwall Hospital. It is extremely rewarding to hear when the services we provide, offer such fantastic care.

Thank you for taking the time to share this and I will most certainly make sure the Doctor and Nurses see a copy of your feedback.

I do hope you have made a good recovery and are continuing to do well.

With very best wishes,