"Hard working professionals doing a great job"

About: University Hospital Wishaw / Emergency department University Hospital Wishaw / Physiotherapy University Hospital Wishaw / Trauma & orthopaedics University Hospital Wishaw / X-rays and Scans

I attended at A& E at Wishaw General Hospital today after suffering a Hamstring injury. I had dealings with a nurse named Fiona and a physiotherapist named Laura. The friendly and professional service I got from them was excellent. Between waiting to be seen and going through to the X-Ray department, I could see how busy the department was and I was surprised at this for a Monday afternoon. I didn't feel rushed at all and both Fiona and Laura were caring, professional and explained things to me thoroughly. Having separated my shoulder in the past and not getting physio for a while after it, I know the importance of swift rehabilitation and before I left, Laura showed me exercises to do which will help speed up my recovery. I was so impressed with the care and service I got, I came home and googled how to make comments. I'll admit that I'm usually quick to criticise bad service and I don't praise good experiences enough, but today has shown how the hard working professionals of our Health Service are doing a great job. I know for a fact that I'm never this friendly when I'm rushed off my feet at work! !

Response from Claire Rae, Head of Physiotherapy and Professional Lead, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Mark C

I am delighted to hear about your experience whilst attending A&E at Wishaw. Having Physiotherapists within the department is a fairly new concept and it is great to hear how much you feel you have benefited from seeing Laura at this stage. I will be sure to pass on your comments and hope you are continuing to recover well.

Thanks again

Claire Rae

Response from Andy Pender, Senior Nurse, Emergency Medicine, University Hospital Wishaw, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Marc C,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your experience while receiving treatment within our ED.

The staff will be delighted as am I at your lovely works and kindest.

Thank you so much for this positive feedback.

I hope that you are recovering well.

Best wishes